Definition and function of the Cookies
A cookie is a small file created by an Internet site to store information in your device, such as preferences when visiting a web. When a Web page using cookies is accessed, the browser is requested to save one or more cookies in the hard disk. The cookies often keep the website configuration, such as language preference or location. Therefore when the user returns to the Web page, the browser resends the cookies belonging to the page, providing in this way customised service and information in regards to the needs. The cookies may also keep personal information identifying the users, though this website does not use this kind of cookies, and only personal information provided by the user on the contact form will be accessed Your browser cookie configuration may be changed so it enables you to automatically approve or reject cookie storing requests when the browser is shut down and other additional options.
Types of cookies used by this Web page
- Technical This type of cookies provides information on the use the user makes of the Web such as, the visited pages or if there has been any technical problem when accessing. These cookies do not allow identification, as the information collected is anonymous and will only be used to improve the page design and browsing, for use statistics, etc. They enable the web to work speedier and adapt to the users' preferences.
- Register They are created when registering or when logging-on as Web user.
- Customisation They allow to customise the functions or contents of a website in regards to the data obtained by the browser.
- Analytic They are used for statistic purposes. The information is used to measure the website activity, by means of Google Analytics, a free web analysis tool provided by Google, that mainly enables the website owners to know how the users interact with their website. This analytic web service places a series of cookies in your computer just to configure statistics.
- Preferences These cookies provide the information on whether you have visited our site before or not. If the stored information in a preference cookie is lost, your experience on the website may be less functional, but should not affect its working.
- Session status These cookies save the information required during the session and its related changes, and they also establish if logged-on or not on the web.
- Processes The process cookies allow the website to run and offer the services the user expects when accessing the website, such as, the web page browsing or the login to the website's safe areas.
The list of Cookies used by the domain www.elgo.es:
- Cookies de Google Analytics
|__utma||2 years||It is used to collect information anonymously and draw up trend reports of the websites without identifying individual users. It differentiates the users and the sessions; and if recurring.|
|__utmb||30 min.||It is used to identify a new visit.|
|__utmc||During browsing||Herencia del sistema Urchin pero equivale a __utmb|
|__utmz||6 month||It is used to find out the user origin, if direct traffic or from another web|
|__utmv||2 years||It is only created when in the customised variable programming more options are added (not applicable)|
- Technical cookies
|ASPSessionId||Session Cookie||It is used to define the session status and register the visitor’s session, it is non-intrusive and does not save your login from visit to visit nor on difference Websites. It is used to manage areas in regards to log on and also used for shopping carts. It is integrated to our content manager. It remains constant during the session.|
Cookie Disabling and deleting
Your browser may be configured to allow, block, delete or disable the cookies installed in your device, by configuring the browser options installed in your device. If the installation of cookies is not allowed in your browser, you may not be able to access some of this website's sections or functionalities. In order to configure the browser, disable or administer the cookie installation, and so they are automatically deleted once the browser is shut down, equipment or device, more information may be acquired clicking on the following links we provide, depending on the browser used:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer (Version 11)
- Internet Explorer (Version 10)
- Internet Explorer (Version 9)
- Internet Explorer (Version 7 & 8)
- Internet Explorer (Version 6)
- Safari web
- Safari IOS
In general most of the browsers allow quick access to the deletion of browser data, clicking the key sequence Ctrl+Shift+Delete, being able to delete the Cookies.